Hydro Power Projects
GERD HPP (Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam Hydro Electric Power Project )
The Great Ethiopian Renaissance Dam Hydroelectric power project (i.e. GERD HPP) is one of the biggest African hydropower projects which is being built by the Ethiopian government and its people. The project layout consists mainly of a roller compacted concrete (RCC) dam and a rockfill saddle dam, necessary to impound approximately 74 billion cubic meters of water which are needed, under the designed hydraulic head, to generate the energy produced by two powerhouses, one on the right bank and the other one on the left bank of the river, housing respectively #10 Francis turbine units and #6 Francis turbine units, 375MW each with a total installed capacity of 6,000 MW, and one 500kV switchyard on the right bank. In this project, Jehoiachin techno has taken part in level -2 design and installation of balance of plant for power generating units of the projects.
The following level -2 design works have been executed by us;
- Fire protection system
- Water level measurement
- Fire alarm and detection system
- Heating ventilation and air conditioning system
- Low compressed air system
- Turbine –generator cooling system
- Drainage and dewatering system
- Accidental oil discharge system
- AC power comprises of MCC,MV,LV boards and auxiliary transformers sizing
- Power stability and short circuit analysis of the plant power system
- DC system and inverter sizing comprises of battery, DC boards, chargers, and load flow analysis
- Cabling system comprises of cable tray, MV/LV cables and accessories.
- Electrical and mechanical workshop[ equipment
In particular to the installation activity, we are still involved in the ongoing installation activity of the following work face;
- Cooling system piping
- HVAC system piping
- Firefighting system piping
Solar Power projects
Power Transmission and distribution network
OMO Kuraze Sugar Factory
OMO Kuraze sugar factory is among the cascaded sugar factory located in the southern region of South Omo Zone in Selamago district at a distance of 863 km from Addis Ababa. When the factory operates in full capacity it is expected to crush 12 thousand tons of sugar cane per day. In this project, our company was involved to supply and install electrical instrumentation and measurement equipment under the project. Moreover, the installation activity includes also electrical boards, low and medium voltage cabling systems including the cable trays.
Food and beverage industries
Installation, Commissioning and maintenance service on Heuft Machines in Beverage Industry The HEUFT SYSTEMTECHNIK GMBH, which manufactures quality assurance inspection devices like empty containers, full containers, product and package inspection, fault rejection for a beverage, food and pharmaceutical industries to provide full services in East Africa. As part of representation for HEUFT, we give the following services in East Africa and India.
- Installation, test, and commissioning of new devices.
- Service interventions during planned and unforeseen circumstances.
- Monitoring and diagnostics
- System recovery and updates
- Offering a range of training to deepen knowledge regarding the devices, their functions, operation, and maintenance.
The following are some of the companies that we give the aforementioned services;
- East Africa Bottling S.C. (COCA COLA)
- Heineken Addis Ababa
- BGI Ethiopia, Addis Ababa
- SKOL BREWERY RWANDA
- Uganda Harris
- NBM Madagascar
- Kinshasa Bralima Heineken
- Ludhiana Beverages Pvt Ltd, India